Economics is the social science that deals with the production, distribution, and consumption of goods and services. In simple terms, society has limited or scarce resources and the subject of economics looks at the ways in which individuals and society choose to use these scarce resources.
This course explores the fundamentals of economics, as they relate to knowledge that is valuable to your role as a businessperson.
What Will I Learn?
- Demonstrate and apply a solid comprehension of economic fundamentals relative to inflation, interest rates, and interest yield curves.
- Explain the concepts and principles associated with monetary policy, fiscal policy, business cycles, and economic indicators.
- Identify, explain, and apply in-depth knowledge of the different types of investment risk.
- Demonstrate a solid comprehension and working knowledge of risk measurement through the concepts of standard deviation and beta.
- Explain and apply benchmarks relative to the measurement of portfolio performance and demonstrate comprehension of time and dollar-weighted returns.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the characteristics, principles, and concepts of the efficient market hypothesis as well as the correlation of asset classes.
- Business owners.
- Stock traders.
- Live class.
- Recorded sessions.